Pet Surgery in Hillsboro, Ohio
Surgery procedures are a serious undertaking for your pet. At Highland County Veterinarian Hospital, you’ll have the peace of mind of knowing that our professional surgical team is ready for any emergency in our state-of-the-art facility. We are very conscious of your pet’s comfort throughout, and are conscientious of providing pain medication before, during and after surgery.
Pets brought to Highland County Veterinarian Hospital for surgery are provided with a clean and sanitized kennel. Here’s what you can expect for your pet:
- Before surgery, an intravenous catheter is taped into place allowing doctors to administer medications safely and expediently.
- Proper anesthetic protocol will be designed using the most current and safest medications available.
- With your pet safely asleep, the surgery team works quickly to install a breathing tube and monitoring device.
- During surgery, human-grade gas-inhalant anesthesia is used and all patients are monitored using an EKG and pulse oximeter.
Once surgery is complete:
- Staff remain with your pet until your pet is completely awake, making sure that all vital signs remain healthy and strong.
- If your pet needs to stay overnight, recovery kennels are sanitized after each use and the post-surgery area is scrubbed daily with an antiseptic.
- After the office is closed, all patients are regularly monitored by a veterinarian and qualified staff.
- Patients are fed and walked by staff as instructed.
Providing that you call ahead, you are welcome to visit your pet.